Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:36 PM

Nothing shows you exactly how disgusting people are until you work in a restaurant.

While working at Chick Fil A, I often wondered how people actually allow themselves to act like animals.

A family would come in with three or four children, sit down for dinner, and by the time they left it was like a wild pack of banshees had torn the entire dining room to shreds.

What's worse is that's how their children are being raised.

It's okay to be disgusting, it's not our job to clean.

Another adventure at Chick Fil A, was when I got to clean vomit out of the sink in the women's restroom. It was a mixture of Banana Pudding Milkshake, and hair. HAIR. Long, black, thick hair. Once I got past the fact that the woman throwing up had a stomach full of fluff, I thought about how disgusting I would have felt if I threw up in a sink in a public restroom, especially when the toilet is merely two steps away. I personally would have felt so gross, that I would have to rinse it out myself, before allowing anyone to attempt to wash their hands.

Now, working at IKEA, I expected the Bistro/Swedish Food Market to be a little more... classy. However, I was wrong.

We don't sell many things in the Bistro. You have the option of a hot dog, a cinnamon bun, a slice of pizza, or a frozen yogurt cone. Hot dogs are the most popular menu item, being able to buy a 100% beef hot dog for 50 cents (tax included), but people never eat the entire hot dog. They always leave the last two inches of the hot dog on the table, surrounded by puddles of ketchup and mustard, sometimes pickle relish, and leave the store, completely ignoring the fact that there SIX trashcans in the area.

When I have children, the first lesson I teach them will be to clean up after themselves. They will not be disgusting little monsters, going into public places only to destroy and cause mayhem.  

Leave Comment